Sunday, September 23, 2007

Irish Dance Feis


Yesterday I went to a Feis. I danced five dances. The reel, jig, slip jig, hornpipe, and treble jig. I got fourth place on the reel, third on the jig, and third on the slip jig.
Then we went over to a table where there were two people selling little pins. Mom ordered one for me when I had finished all of my dances we came back and It was done. They had pins with all of the different school dresses from the dance schools represented at the Feis. But in the corda mor (my dance school) there were two light-skinned ones. So he changed it to a dark-skinned one.
Then I went to the party! I bet there were 50 people. There was lots of wonderful food and one big cake. The cake said corda mor and had a big fat design on it. Then me and my friends did a big show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting weekend Lidia! I hope I can watch you at a feis sometime. Your baby cousin C.B. loves to dance to bagpipe music and the celtic fiddle. She mostly just hops around in circles, it is cute to watch.

Anonymous said...

What does "corda mor" mean? I know it is the name of your school but what does it mean? Congratulations on winning your medals and that is a really cute pin. Someday I will get to see you in a performance.

Xinnia said...

I'm not sure what it means.

Tedrick said...

corda mór is a combination of latin and gaelic -
corda heart
mór great

corda mór great heart

Take care,
an Irish dance dad

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!